Icelandic folklore maintains there are clans of elves and trolls living in the country’s extraordinary hills, rocky outcrops, and lava fields. Will you meet these “Huldufólk” or “Hidden People” said to dislike churches, daylight, and electricity? Hard to say. But here’s what you will see on this breathtaking tour of Iceland—active volcanoes, roaring waterfalls, jagged glaciers, floating icebergs, black-sand beaches, and brilliant-blue geothermal springs. Unique, local experiences await in the “Land of Fire and Ice,” including tasting piping hot bread baked by the heat from the hot springs, sipping Geysir schnapps served at freezing point, and standing in awe before the spectacular Lake Jökulsárlón, home to Europe’s largest glacier and the site of some of the most dramatic scenes from the James Bond movie Die Another Day. The gargantuan sights in the land of the elves will surely leave you stirred, not shaken.
•Roundtrip air from Chicago O’Hare to Reykjavik, Iceland.
•Roundtrip transfers between Bloomington, IL and Chicago O’Hare Airport.
•Roundtrip airport transfers in Reykjavik, Iceland.
•8-day/7-night Iceland Adventure Motorcoach tour.
•Professional Tour Director and Local Guides.
•Full buffet breakfast daily; 7 dinners.
•Porterage at hotels.
•Taxes & Fees.
• THINGVELLIR NATIONAL PARK – Walk through the rift valley and stand on two continents at the same time.
• HAUGANES – Take a whale-watching cruise on the glassy waters of Eyjafjordur bay.
• GOÐAFOSS WATERFALL – Take pictures of the “Waterfall of the Gods,” stretching 90 feet across dramatic rock formations.
• LAKE MÝVATN – Stop at the geothermal Mývatn Nature Baths.
• BORGARFJÖRĐUR EYSTRI Enjoy a walking tour and hear about life in the rural Icelandic countryside
over the centuries.
• DETTIFOSS – Take in the most powerful waterfall in Europe.
• LAKE JÖKULSÁRLÓN – Drive through the national park at Skaftafell and snap photos of the astonishing beautiful Vatnajökull Glacier.
• VIK AREA – Scenic drive with views of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, one of Iceland’s few stratovolcanoes.
per person based on double occupancyRequest More Info